Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zara, or ventures on the Váci street Zara, avagy a Váci utcára merészkedtem

The Váci street is one of the most frequented streets of Budapest, a real tourist tempter, stuffed with fancy clothing shops, small souvenir stores, restaurants, cafés (and of course a peep show at the very end of it ;-)). The street –at least with it’s present name- formed in 1899, and is encirkled by spectacular baroque and classicist buildings. In the heart of the street lies –among other world famous brands- Zara, my next destination!


I arrived early, and approached the shop wisely from the Vígadó square (the street is long, and there are a few stops, you can get off tram number 2., choosing the wrong stop, you end up walking, and of course I was running a bit late!:-P) I stepped in the shop, and rushed towards an assistant, who directed me downstairs. There the dear supervisor was already interrogating a contestant, standing (!) All right, now, back up with those western standards missy, who do you think you are!Do you think you deserve a chair??? Now, after some waiting, my dear future boss (?) came up to me, and said sorry, for the delay, but until she finishes, could I maybe go around and have a look at the collection (kids clothes)? Which I did, trying to look interested. We arrived to the interview part, and after interrogating me thoroughly, she also mentioned, that actually they are not even looking for sales people (which position I originally applied for) would I like to work as decorator? But actually there is someone already for that position, but the person did not decide yet, if she wants the job. But she is qualified, and jeah, why dont I look in my field anyway? She has a friend who has some environmental company down in Kecskemét (83 km from Budapest) or is it too far for me?Haha!Oh no I jump on my bike dear, right now. Then I mentioned her, that all of my graduated friends work for ca. 100.000 Forint per month, and mostly were looking for jobs for 2-3 month, until they found some in their field, although it’s not impossible, especially if you have relatives/friends/neighbours/etc. at a company. Also that I would not prefer working at sewage treats or so, then she -being very funny-holded her nose closed with her fingers, chirping „It’s not so bad, is it?”. Thank you for your attendance, we will call you back later!


View of the Váci street with the tower of the Saint Michael church poking out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here you can comment my notes!