Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Balkan 4 EVER aka Hol van a haza?!

...is listening to: Boban Markovic Orkestar. Ederlezi. Genious! I love balkanic music!It's so full of feelings, so fresh, so much ALIVE! It's loud when it's sad, it is shouting! Expressing the feelings..Happiness, it is partying like crazy! A lot of temper!
Not to mention that the little city of Tököl (or Tukulja) where I come from was always hosting slav minorities. These people are very closed, I feel funny walking down the street, even a bit of a stranger myself, although I was born and raised here..

But where do I belong now? I am not feeling at home in Hungary, yet in Sweden or England…I am a cosmopolitan? Or am I home-less? Will I ever find my place in this sweet home PLANET earth?
Heavy questions to answer.
They say, that mother country you have only one, but you can make a home for yourself any where you go..
“ Azért vagyunk a világon, hogy valahol otthon legyünk benne.” Tamási Áron
“- És hol laknak azok a magyarok?
- Magyarországban. Ausztria, Románia, Csehszlovákia és Jugoszlávia közt.
- Ugyan kérem... Ezeket az országokat Shakespeare találta ki.” Szerb Antal


Hungarian coat of arms

Heroes square, Hungary

Typical hungarian lowland landscape

Traditional carving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here you can comment my notes!