Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lost in: Translation!

Have you seen this nice movie, with the above title, well..I did get lost in translation-almost..
So the thing is, I had to translate my "gymnasiet betyg" or GCSE, or final exams (secondary school studies) into english because I applied for a course at MDH-Malardalen University next semester.. and because it can be useful later also, when you job-search abroad, etc.
So I asked a certified swedish translator, he said it costs 200 SEK=ca. 6000 FT, and he will finish it within 2 days, and I can pay him within 30 days.
Now, I thought I will ask them in Hungary it must be cheaper!
Turned out, it costs even more, and they take 5 days, or, I can get it translated, for almost 100 SEK more, and then it is ready the next day, but I have to travel to Budapest, and drop it-sending by email was not good enough for them.
Also, I can get the official translation, which costs 15000. (!) Ft, and I have to run up and down to get official copy, because they only translate that. Hmm.
I tried a cheaper way, and asked someone who seemed like a certified translator, to get it translated, for a bit less then 6000, (4500) Ft, but when he arrived in his mercedes and handed me the translation, it was german...ÖÖ. How could he mistaken english to german I dont know, but when I asked him, he said if I give him the money now, he will translate it to english for tomorrow, when I asked, how can I be sure that he will give me the translation, he closed the window, and left... Interesting, I wonder if I would have 4500 Ft less and without a translation by today. But I am happy that I rather not tried.
Is it me, or is it Hungary? Or do other people have same stories like this one?
Anyway, I decided to get it done with the swedish guy....Isnt it funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9JwXktRE9U

Let's listen to some relaxation music, maybe that helps! :-D

The above picture is a: Merkaba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here you can comment my notes!